The auto glass replacement and repair industry in Sparks has grown rapidly over the last few years and there seems to be a new auto glass shop on every corner. But how do you choose one, and how do you know they are reputable? Here are some of the basic things you need to know about your car in order to get the correct windshield replacement, and some questions to ask to know if you are dealing with a stable, reputable company who will give great service and be around for years to come.
The Sparks Windshield Replacement Survival Guide – Consumer Auto Glass Education
Automobiles in today's modern world are equipped with many more safety features than ever before in history. Considering the high and ever-increasing number of traffic accidents that occur on the busy streets and highways of the United States, it is vitally important that vehicles have built-in mechanisms that make surviving an accident more likely. Safety features like air bags, seat belts, third brake lights, and safety glass used in windshields are essential for modern drivers and their passengers. Fortunately more and more of these safety features are being made standard equipment in new automobiles every year.
But what happens when these safety features are threatened -- perhaps damage to the windshield for example? Well, there are numerous different options, ranging from impractical and inconvenient to cost-effective and hassle-free. If your windshield gets damaged, you could either:
1) Learn to live with it (until you get pulled over for driving an unsafe vehicle with impaired visibility)
2) Get a whole new car (not exactly the most cost effective way to go)
3) Replace the windshield (Much more reasonable cost but must be done absolutely right)
4) Repair the windshield (If the damage is minor enough, a very effective and efficient way to go)
No one should have to endure a damaged windshield. Especially in today's world, with so many different replacement and repair options available. As for getting a new car, well, you might if you were planning to anyway, but what about the value of the car you'd be selling or trading in -- it now has a damaged windshield after all! And what happens when your next car's windshield gets damaged -- you won't always be able to replace a car just for a simple windshield crack. You could replace the windshield, but that may cost more than you really need to spend, depending on the extent of the damage. Or -- you could simply get the windshield repaired.
A simple windshield repair is a great way to fix the damage to the glass while preserving the safety features of the vehicle. Windshield repair [http://lasertargeted.com/glassrepair/windshield-repair.html] is performed without destroying the factory's safety seal of windshield to vehicle. This seal holds the windshield in place during collisions and ensures that the airbag will deploy properly. Windshield repair will also halt the spread of damage; restore structural integrity to damaged glass; improve clarity by 80% or more in damaged area; extend the glass's useful life; cost less than automotive glass replacement, and will enable the vehicle to pass safety inspection.
In a nutshell, windshield repair means injecting a specially formulated resin into the area of damaged auto glass. The resin is then cured and polished, which restores the structural strength and clarity to the glass. Then you have a repaired windshield with a barely noticeable scar (no larger than the size of a sharpened pencil point).
Now, doesn't that make a lot more sense than replacing the whole thing?
Not all windshields can be repaired. The damaged area should be relatively small (no longer than a dollar bill). A trained technician should be able to tell you if windshield repair is possible for you. You never know unless you ask!
Windshield replacement, no doubt has high costs, but the time spent in the repair is also of great consequence. So while windshield glass repair does solve the financial aspect of the problem, it is only mobile windshield repair that helps conquer the entire problem. It is only a company like Dings Plus that provides mobile windshield repair that can truly be called a better alternative to windshield replacement.
Imagine a scenario, where you have a small chip on your windshield. You are faced with two alternatives, either to go in for a complete windshield replacement or opt for a windshield glass repair. While the former can cost up to $500 the latter may be undertaken for as less as $60. Obviously, you will find your self leaning in towards a windshield glass repair due to the rather large difference in price. But, if you have to drive to point X to avail the services of a windshield glass repair provider, then you will end up wasting time and energy, not to mention fuel. So the best bet under these circumstances is choosing a company that provides mobile windshield repair rather than only windshield glass repair.
Mobile windshield repair has several advantages and it is due to these that the service is so highly availed by several automobile owners. A few of these are listed below -
- Time - One of the main advantages of a mobile windshield repair provider is the time that is saved by the consumer when availing these services. Instead of having to take out time from your busy schedule and drive your automobile to the service center, the Dings Plus Windshield Chip Repair comes to you. So while you are working in your office or tending to some home chores, the rock chip on your auto glass is repaired right at your doorstep.
- Money - Whoever said time was money was very right. The time spent in seeking windshield glass repair that is not provided at your doorstep is definitely a lost of money too. However, with Ding Plus doing the job for as little as $60, the mobile windshield repair services costs much less than windshield replacement.
- Fuel - While time is definitely money; nothing pinches more these days than the rising cost of fuel. Having to drive down to a point and then drive back consumes fuel too. So when opting for the mobile windshield repair option one also has the added advantage of saving the cost of fuel.