The auto glass replacement and repair industry in Reno has grown rapidly over the last few years and there seems to be a new auto glass shop on every corner. But how do you choose one, and how do you know they are reputable? Here are some of the basic things you need to know about your car in order to get the correct windshield replacement, and some questions to ask to know if you are dealing with a stable, reputable company who will give great service and be around for years to come.
The Reno Windshield Replacement Survival Guide – Consumer Auto Glass Education
Windshield replacement, no doubt has high costs, but the time spent in the repair is also of great consequence. So while windshield glass repair does solve the financial aspect of the problem, it is only mobile windshield repair that helps conquer the entire problem. It is only a company like Dings Plus that provides mobile windshield repair that can truly be called a better alternative to windshield replacement.
Imagine a scenario, where you have a small chip on your windshield. You are faced with two alternatives, either to go in for a complete windshield replacement or opt for a windshield glass repair. While the former can cost up to $500 the latter may be undertaken for as less as $60. Obviously, you will find your self leaning in towards a windshield glass repair due to the rather large difference in price. But, if you have to drive to point X to avail the services of a windshield glass repair provider, then you will end up wasting time and energy, not to mention fuel. So the best bet under these circumstances is choosing a company that provides mobile windshield repair rather than only windshield glass repair.
Mobile windshield repair has several advantages and it is due to these that the service is so highly availed by several automobile owners. A few of these are listed below -
- Time - One of the main advantages of a mobile windshield repair provider is the time that is saved by the consumer when availing these services. Instead of having to take out time from your busy schedule and drive your automobile to the service center, the Dings Plus Windshield Chip Repair comes to you. So while you are working in your office or tending to some home chores, the rock chip on your auto glass is repaired right at your doorstep.
- Money - Whoever said time was money was very right. The time spent in seeking windshield glass repair that is not provided at your doorstep is definitely a lost of money too. However, with Ding Plus doing the job for as little as $60, the mobile windshield repair services costs much less than windshield replacement.
- Fuel - While time is definitely money; nothing pinches more these days than the rising cost of fuel. Having to drive down to a point and then drive back consumes fuel too. So when opting for the mobile windshield repair option one also has the added advantage of saving the cost of fuel.
Windshield replacement can be expensive, especially if your insurance company will not pay for it. Replacing your windshield is usually covered if you have comprehensive coverage, which is other than collision, on your policy. It is best to check with your insurance company first before setting up an appointment to have it replaced. If you do have to pay for the cost of windshield replacement there are several factors involved in the final cost, which could cost over two hundred dollars. When you take your car in to have the windshield replaced, the company will first decide if it can be repaired instead of replaced. Not every cracked or chipped windshield will require replacement.
Some of the factors that are considered in the cost of windshield replacement can include:
• Size of the windshield
• Insurance coverage, because most insurance policies have a deductible that the customer has to pay before the insurance will pay, which can range from two hundred fifty dollar and more
• Additional parts that need replaced such as the rubber mounting that goes around the windshield
• The auto glass repair shop, which includes the hourly rate of doing the replacement. If you choose to go to a dealership to have the work done it will be more expansive than a regular auto glass repair ship.
• Towing to the repair shop if the windshield is so damaged it is unsafe to drive the vehicle
One of the most important factors that need to be considered is the type of glass that is used for the windshield replacement. The most expensive glass that can be used in windshield replacement is dealer glass, which is the type of glass that was used for the windshield when it was built. There are other comparable types of windshield glass such as original equipment manufacturer (OEM). This type of glass has to meet or exceed the vehicle manufacturer's standards but is generally not as costly as dealer glass. The only real differences between the two are the maker, the fact that the OEM glass does not have the manufacturer's name stamped on the glass, and the price.
There is another choice for windshield replacement glass that does not meet the same standards as OEM windshield glass but it is cheaper. This glass is called aftermarket glass. Other than the more expensive dealer glass, OEM tends to be most popular choice.
In today's world, you may be able to save the cost of having your car towed to the auto glass repair shop by having a mobile unit come to your home to replace your windshield. The replacement does not take long but it needs a couple of hours to set up before you can drive the vehicle.